Thursday, March 5, 2009

Little things

I at times wonder if i am ever getting through to these kids. I have "class time" with the Mr Moose and half the time he doesnt seem to be paying attention. The days i am at my point to say forget it, were not doing this any more, he will belt out the alphabet, count to 20 and spell his name. Wow you are listening. Now most days he just looks at me like i am speaking a foreign language when i ask him to spell his name but i will rejoice in the days he does it correctly.

I have also been really working on prayer with him~ why we pray, what we pray about and etc. Or course they never do things when you want them to. But the other day the D man came running to me saying " you will never guess what The Moose just did" What i said? honestly nothing would have shocked me at that point. The D man replied as i was pulling him up on the top bunk he started praying. Please Lord help him to get me up safely and quickly! Ok so as most moms would i just melted. He really does get it!!!! for now anyways.

3 comments:

  1. aww, how wonderful! You are doing a fantastic job training up your kiddos in the way they should go. I know how you feel-sometimes it seems as though nothing is sinking in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! Sometimes it takes a scary moment in life (like being lifted to a top bunk by a young brother!) to realize you DO need prayer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time Dalton went flying off his bike when he was little. He later said mom God was with me when i fell. I asked him what he meant. He said as he fell God carried him to the ground so he wouldnt be seriously hurt.

    ReplyDelete