I have recently begun a new Bible study~ Living in Awe of God a study in Exodus. It has been a great study on why and how to be in awe of our amazing God. So yesterdays study was about relying on God for our daily needs. To be honest yes, I know this. I know that God gives me everything I have and will have. He is in control of EVERYTHING!!! But in this study God just revealed things to me that I never thought of it like that before.
I have always thought saving enough money or food up for "in case of an emergency" was a great idea. I mean you never know when you may loose your job or a food shortage may come. Ok thats extreme, I know. I feel God wants you to be good stewards of his money. Through this study God posed this question to me. Is hoarding up your money and stockpiling food truly relying on God to meet your daily needs? Hmmm I really never thought of it as a bad thing before.
The text is out of Exodus 16:1-16, 31-34. This was the time period Moses and the people were in the wilderness. They were hungry and getting angry with God because they did what he told them to and they were starving. Everyday God gave them just enough Manna for that day and nothing more. That really hit me~ guess I wont be monetarily rich on this Earth!! Just what I need and strangely i am fine with that. The study goes on to say In the Lords Prayer we pray for our Daily Bread not a 10 yr supply. Matthew 6:11. God wants us to rely on Him and not on a stockpiled surplus.
So if we are hoarding our things are we really relying on God? If we have 2 pantry's full of groceries for the just in case are we really relying on God? I really never thought that i would not be relying on God for my needs because I was saving things up. If you are able to stockpile, maybe God gave you the extras to share with others!!. Maybe you see it differently, but this was just something God really hit home with me. And No i do not have 2 stocked pantries, I don't even have one fully stocked. I will rely on God to meet all my needs!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment