I love looking back and seeing the hand of God in every situation of our lives. We may not understand it at the time why we go in certain directions but its amazing when God allows you to "see" the whys answered. In planning this trip I was all set to book a cabin at the Fort Wilderness. It gave us more space. It includes a living room with murphy bed, full kitchen, dining table, bathroom and in the bedroom is a full size bed and bunk beds. The only draw back was that it is hard to get around the resort if you dont rent a golf cart. You have to catch a bus to the front or back of the resort and then another bus to go where you want. But I was going to deal with it because of the space and it made it more easy to do the camp fire, petting zoo and horse rides. Then it came down to booking, something as I see it was God was telling me nahh you want the Wilderness Lodge instead. Didnt really understand it at the time, but I really felt drawn to staying there. We were able to book a woods view room with Queen size bed and bunkbeds for the same price. We actually had a view of the Magic Kingdom and could watch the fireworks from our balcony. If you have kids and ever tried to watch the fireworks it is CRAZY trying to leave the park when they are done. As our trip began it became clear to me why God lead us to the Wilderness Lodge~~~ RAIN~~~~. Had we been in the cabin we would have been stuck in it or get drenched trying to go places. Yay! God is so good.
With all this rain we were able to slow down, do things we normally were to busy for, and have a more relaxing trip. At the hotel they had a craft time from 2:30-4 each day. You made a craft(for free) and could play in the playroom. This soooo came in handy, every kid needs a time to just play with toys. Jake knew the time and said "Its time to do crafts," this was also the time of day the rain was the heaviest. They have these rooms at all their deluxe resorts. They also offered a cookie decorating time (for free) in the food court at 3 everyday. I am all about a free snack!!! We were able to go play in the sand at the beach and playground.
Its amazing we can still find something new and different to do each time. Rob and Mr D decided it was time to ride the intense version of Mission Space. Ha HA I wish I took a picture of their faces when they got off. Rob was so pale and looking green. Mr D wasnt that much better. It should have been a hint when they have barf bags on the ride, I am just saying. Mr. D also got brave enough to tackle the Tower of Terror. He handled this alot better.
Something wonderful always seems to happen to us when we go to Disney. I was just thrilled to be able to be "walkins" at two of our favorite restaurants. With the Disney Dining plans being so widely available it is hard to get reservations unless they are made well in advance. Whispering Canyon Cafe was great as usual. I have yet to find BBQ that tastes as good as theirs. We all had to play the Hokey Pokey and Jake got to ride the horses around the restaurant. We really wanted to eat at Ohana as well but when we tried the wait was 2 hrs. Not happening in our family we are early eaters!! So we decided to try our luck at the Magic Kingdom. We were able to walk right in to the Crystal Palace even though the sign said no reservations available. Lily so loved seeing Pooh and friends as long as they didnt touch her. Now to the real fun part. I had put off going to Hollywood Studios till Friday because it was the first day of the Star Wars weekend.(I will never do that again) I knew the boys would love seeing the characters but it was crazy busy!!!! We are always able to go right on theToy Story Mania ride when the park first opens and get fast passes for early in the am. When I got there that morning the wait was already at 30 min and the fast pass line was backed all the way back to the Little Mermaid. Sorry I dont wait in lines like that especially for how often we come. Jake starts to cry, which is not like him he usually is ok when i say we will do it another time. I am so aggravated and tell him to stop when a guest relations lady came up to him trying to give him a sticker.(He hates those stickers.) She over hears me tell him if he didnt stop crying we would go home now. She asks why he was crying and Dalton replies because he wanted to ride the ride. The lady became a lady on a mission. By this time Rob has rejoined us and wanted to know if Jake really threw that big of a fit for the lady to be on that big of a mission. He really hadnt it was just a few tears. To make it short she got us fast passes to ride it in an hour. This alone was great. But she was a woman on a mission. She took us right on the ride with no wait. We went from not riding the ride at all to doing it twice.
We werent even half way home when we heard from the back seat "I want to go to Disney again!!" Thats her mommas boy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
now I am just going to have to figure out how to make my kids cry in front of the right person next time we are at WDW! hehehe...that is great! Glad you had a good time on your trip!
ReplyDelete