Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day!!! I hope it was a great one with plenty of relaxation!!!

I was so blessed to hear a wonderful sermon today. It wasn't your typical how great mothers are sermons. But, rather on how as mothers, women we mold the moral standards of our country. Isaiah 3:16-26 Do we realize the opportunity and burden we have to mold not just our kids but the those we are in contact with? Hello, you are the parent, YOU buy the clothes, there is no reason your daughter should be walking around half naked not to mention you let her come to church looking like that. We must set the example, we spend the most times with our kids, so there is no better person then us mothers. The consequences of allowing our morals to slip is just to great. We should teach our daughters and sons to want to please God, not the opposite sex. I was so challenged by this message from God~ people are watching, your kids, your neighbors, and people you may not be aware of. I pray I can raise the moral standards of those around me and make an impact on our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment