Clearwater Beach 2009
Sheraton at Sand Key
Sunset from our hotel
Relaxing before going for a swimI was starting to feel the "I am a bad Mommy" feeling thinking my poor kids Jake and Lily at least have never been to the beach before, when Rob comes home and says I need to go to Clearwater for training wanna come? Just tell me the what they will pay for a room and I will get looking. I found 2 hotels on the beach. One was a very nice hotel but was a bridge away from the main hotels, shopping and eating places. The other was right in the middle of everything but not as nice. I ended up going with the nicer of the two and I am so glad I did. We stayed at the Sheraton at Sand Key resort. The kids loved playing in the sand but loved the pool better then the waves.
The trip turned out better then I expected. I will admit I am obsessive about keeping my kids in sight at ALL times and spend all my time making sure i am keeping them in sight that i never get to enjoy what we are doing. Thats the main reason I dont like going places with out another adult. Yes, thats a good problem to have but I must say I am on the extreme end and can lighten up a bit and still always have my kids in sight. This trip was for the most part relaxing. Dalton is getting old enough to help with Jake with out me always looking over my shoulder. The hotel was in a less crowded area then the other one would have been. Jake already wants to go back!!!
When we first arrived at the hotel Jake kept asking, "where are the buses at?" I told him they didnt have buses and he got upset. I asked, "whats wrong?" His reply, " I want to get on the bus to Downtown Disney." Poor thing he just couldnt understand we were not near Disney. At least this trip he learned there are other places to visit other then Disney.
No comments:
Post a Comment